Welcome, Third Street School Alumni! The Third Street School Alumni Committee is happy to welcome you, as an alumnus/alumna of Third Street Elementary, to our website. We have launched this page in an effort to help former students and teachers stay better connected with Third Street School, whether it has been 4 years or 40 since you were last on campus. Third Street was likely the first step in your educational journey, and it has been that first such step for generations: Third Street School recently celebrated its 90th year of operation in 2014!
This page is hosted by Third Street's booster group, Friends of Third, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. To learn more about how Friends of Third helps enrich and support students and teachers at this school, click on the PROGRAMS and OUR COMMUNITY links at the top of this page!
If you have any old photos, newsletters, projects, or other artifacts from your time at Third Street, we would love to see them! If you would like to donate any such items, we will be able to share them with current and future students so they can learn more about the rich history of your (and their) first Alma Mater. If you have anything to offer, please contact us at email@example.com!
Also, check out our online community on Facebook at facebook.com/friendsofthirdalumni; maybe you'll run into an old classmate!
Due to many years of budget cuts in public education, Friends of Third has stepped up to offer many programs at the school that used to be a given: Physical Education supervision, Library staffing, Field Trip transportation, Music and Drama classes, Classroom Technology, and much, much more.
Friends of Third is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and donations are tax-deductible. Donations can be made:
- In cash or by check (deliverable and payable to Friends of Third, 201 South June Street, Los Angeles, CA 90004);
- Online by credit/debit card using the payment form below; OR
- In stock/securities. Please contact us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can designate that your donation be directed to help support a specific Friends of Third-funded program, or that it benefit the general programs fund. Here are some ways your donation can help:
- $4200 = 1 month of Library Staffing
- $3200 = 12 weeks of Music Class for one grade level
- $2000 = 1 year of Physical Education supplies
- $1300 = 4 Chromebook Laptops for in-class research
- $700 = 1 Field Trip by bus for one grade level
- $450 = 1 week of Photocopy Services
- $100 = 4 new Library Books, bound and catalogued