We have a very involved group of parents at Third Street who work to make the programs and events at our school excel. Several parents, though, will be leaving Third Street in 2015-2016 as their kids move on to middle school. So, we are looking for some new talent to help out -- and to learn from our "old hands" while they're still around.
Some areas of need are yearlong, while others only require a few hours over the course of the year. If you think you can help in any of these areas, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know!
- FOT Annual Giving Co-Chair. Year-long commitment. 1-2 hours per week. Assists with tracking donations, recognition levels, promoting this important fundraising area.
- Online Auction Chairs (2 people). September to November. Works with parent team to solicit donated items/services for auction. Inputs items into online software. Promotes auction to school community.
- Family Dining Nights. Year-long commitment. 2-3 hours per month. Schedules monthly dining night at local restaurants (quick, easy phone call!). Prepares flyers/promotional materials.
- School Webmaster. Year-long commitment. 2-4 hours per month. Maintain school and parent websites/domains. Manage FOT/PTA email account setup for officers.
- School Communications. Year-long commitment. 2 hours per week. Work with PTA/FOT and school staff to assemble weekly online/email newsletter. Update online school events calendar.
- Toy Drive and Canned Food Drive (1-2 people). November and December. 6-12 hours total per event. Promote charitable event (flyers, signs). Place boxes at classrooms. Collect items and deliver to local charity.
- Volunteer & Room Parent Coordinator. Year-long commitment. 1-2 hours per week. Log start-of-year volunteer forms and follow up prior to each event. Coordinate information flow to/between room parents.
- Parent/Class Rosters. August and September. 15 hours total. Update/input family information forms. Distribute contact rosters to each class by email. Microsoft Excel skills necessary.
- Technology Committee Member (1-2 people). Year-long commitment. 1 hour per month. Attends monthly teacher-staff-parent meeting to discuss tech strategy, implementation and needs. Other projects, as desired (including inventory of equipment).
- Library Committee Member (1-2 people). Year-long commitment. 1-2 hours per month. Attends periodic teacher-staff-parent meeting to discuss library program and needs. Coordinates projects with library staff.
- Science Fair. March. 5-6 hours total. Works with lead science fair teacher to set up/display student projects.
- Reflections Art Contest Co-Chair. October through March. 5-6 hours per month. Works with teachers to promote contest, collect projects. Solicits judges, coordinates awards and art show.
- Disaster/Safety Preparedness (1-2 people). August/September. 15-20 hours total. Orders/sells student disaster kits in first weeks of school. Audits/replenishes disaster backpacks in all classrooms.
- FOT Secretary. Year-long commitment. 3-4 hours per month. Takes written minutes at monthly board meeting. Prepares meeting agenda, meeting RSVPs, and monthly principal letter text.
- FOT Co-Treasurer. Year-long commitment. 1-2 hours per week. Assists with bookkeeping, writing checks, preparing monthly budget report. Coordinates tax filings with accountant.