ABOUT FRIENDS OF THIRD
Friends of Third (FOT) is a booster group established by parent volunteers as a non-profit fundraising arm to provide curricular enhancement and classroom support programs for all students at Third Street School. FOT helps to address the alarming shortfall in the Los Angeles Unified School District’s budget for technology, arts, music and physical education, library services, classroom materials, field trips, and much, much more.
WHO SUPPORTS FRIENDS OF THIRD?
Friends of Third’s annual budget of over $260,000 is supported by the kind efforts and donations of parents, grandparents, neighbors and volunteers, as well as many people and organizations outside the Third Street community.
Over half our budget comes from our Annual Giving Fund, in addition to signature events throughout the year.
WHAT DOES FRIENDS OF THIRD FUND?
Thanks to FOT, our students benefit from:
- Full-Time Schoolday Library Aide
- After-School Library Supervision
- Weekly technology instruction
- Music & Drama Instruction
- Playground Safety and Supervision
Third Street teachers and staff get support for:
- Classroom Materials Stipend
- Field Trip Funding (3 buses per class per year)
- Physical Education Coaching Assistance
- Principal Discretionary Fund
- Campus Copy Center and classroom computers
Please join us for our scheduled morning meetings to learn more. Check out our online calendar for dates. We look forward to seeing you!
Very truly yours,
The Friends of Third Board of Directors